Friday, 13 April 2012

Silence - Part three!

And here is another part - not finished yet!
Silence – Part three
This can’t be happening; where is he? I search the lakes edges, but it’s almost dark and I can hardly see. Frustrated, scared and cold, I run back into the house. Should I call for help? No, that won’t help anything. No one even knows Alexander exists.
I start pacing inside, dripping puddles on the tiled floor. I stop, holding my face in my hands. Did I imagine that he was here? I run over to check my phone. Scrolling through, I find the message I sent him, but no message in return. Did he really turn up? I have no proof. No, I have to stop thinking like that. I can still hear his voice in my head. Although, I guess that could just mean I’m crazy. Hearing voices is never a good sign.
I slowly walk over to the glass doors. I slip in a puddle and fall hard, smashing my phone in the process. Pain shoots through my wrist making me cry out. Great, now I’ve broken my arm and destroyed my only contact with the outside world. Can this night get any worse?
The lightning and thunder are becoming more frequent and the wind is getting louder and stronger. I get up, wincing against the pain. I cradle my arm, trying to think of a solution. The house it pitch black, so I feel along the wall to a light switch. I blink against the sudden brightness. I turn back towards the room and scream. There he is, standing in the middle of the room. My heart beats rapidly in my chest and the sudden rush of adrenaline dulls the pain in my wrist. Anger starts taking over my momentary feeling of fear. I take a deep breath and walk over towards him. I stop just before I reach him. He smiles at me and I slap him with my good arm. Wow, I can’t believe I just did that.
“Where did you go?” I ask him angrily. I hold my broken arm up to my chest, as if protecting it. He still has his hand up to where I hit him, but he looks almost amused. He reaches out towards my wrist, but I step back, glaring at him. He comes forward again, and this time I reluctantly let him take my arm. I flinch as he touches it; any adrenaline that coursed through my veins before is definitely gone.  The pain travels up my arm, and I grit my teeth. Warmth starts spreading from where his hand is holding me and pins and needles start tingling through the pain. I look up at him, speechless. Is he healing the break? As soon as it started, it stops. He lets go of me and steps back, holding his hands behind his back.
“Happy birthday, by the way.” he grins at me. “H -how did you do that?” I stammer, staring at my wrist, flexing it back and forth. It’s good as new.  “You can do it too.” he replies, seemingly unfazed by the fact that he just performed a miracle. Actually, that sounds stupid, but I can’t think what else to call it. “No I can’t; I’ve never done anything like that.” I think back to anything weird I’ve ever done and I definitely can’t remember healing anyone. “Yes, you can. You just need to be reminded. That’s why I’m here.” He slowly strolls past me and takes a seat in one of the huge arms chairs that clutter the living room. “What do you mean I need reminding? I just said I’ve never healed anyone.” He’s starting to irritate me with his vague answers. He stands up and holds his hand out to me, “There is someone you need to meet. Come with me.”
 To be continued....

No comments:

Post a Comment